Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A day in the Life with Kimkins

Someone asked me to post what a day on Kimkins is like for me.
I have a really great job and I work 6:30-3 so, that makes getting extra exercise easier for me. With my other job I used to work out at lunch time at the gym in my office building(when I did Atkins 3 years ago). But I think I like this schedule much better.

I get up at 5:30am and get myself ready for work get kids up and dressed, grab them a quick something to eat to get them to school. They both eat breakfast at school. I drop my son at daycare and my daughter to before school care then off to work. I bring my food into work with me. I usually do eggs for breakfast and either tuna, or some lunch meat for lunch. You can see exactly what I eat on my Fitday Journal.
I get to work and log on do my start up things then get my eggs, I bought an egg slicer for work, makes it much easier. I dont like hard boiled eggs except for egg salad or deviled eggs. I also keep light mayo at work. So I make a quick egg salad and that is breakfast with water. When I get hungry it is lunch time (usually 11:30) and that lately has been tuna fish. I started bringing two cans because I have been feeling so hungry, but I am going to try to scale that back alittle. Again I prepare it by opening the cans and draining the water out at home and just putting the tuna in a storage container. Then I use the light mayo I have at work to mix it up and eat it fresh. I also keep gum at work. I find that while doing this program you get a lot of stinky breath. I have to count each piece of gum as 1 carb, so I do try to limit it to when I cant stand it anymore. I need to try to remember to bring in a toothbrush and paste to work. In the fridge at work I also have some lunch meat Turkey breast, or virgina ham. If I need a snack that is what I grab.
I leave work and pick up my daughter and head home, We get our clothes changed and do one of the carido videos I have. Afterward we go and pick up my son, come home and get dinner. Dinner is 99% of the time Chicken. It's easy and good and low carb, low fat and low cal. Kimkins does have a receipe section and yesterday I make Turkey Meatloaf Muffins. Was really good. I hang with my kids until their bedtime then after they go to bed my brother-in-law watches them while Hubby and I go for our 1.5 walk. (3.0 miles an hours takes us about 30 minutes)
I try to keep my Carbs under 10. I usually do pretty good and hang around 6 or 7.

Kimkins can vary a lot. I do try to stay on the K/E program because I want to lose this weight as fast as I can. I need to see that pound a day or so to stay motivated. You can take it slower by doing Kimkins Classic or the Boot Camp and have more veggies in you diet.
I think it is important to exercise. I try to do it at least once a day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your weight loss! I did a diet a few years ago, and didn't know it, but tuna isn't the best to eat every day because of high mercury levels: http://www-erights.prod.consumerreports.org/cro/food/tuna-safety/overview/0607_tuna_ov.htm
It was scary to find that out, because it was right before I became pregnant, so I worried... alot.
Also, less than 1200 calories a day puts your body in starvation mode and WILL slow your metabolism. Just a heads up!

Anonymous said...

good luck with everything. i'm like you - i need to see the rapid weight loss in order to stay motivated! this will be the time we lose the weight and keep it off!!!

SweetRedWine said...

Hi chickycola,
I'm glad you are doing so well continuing your diet journey. Congrats on 35 lbs lost!

Anonymous said...

Check out the latest news on Kimkins:

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/b/2008/03/15/march-2008-update-on-kimkins-diet-scam.htm

http://www.insiderexclusive.com/firm_cohen2.htm

Anonymous said...

Glad you realized the mistake. In an effort to not support the site, would you possibly consider breaking the link to the site on this blog post?

Hope you are well, and thank you for any support