Tuesday, August 14, 2007

K/E Day 1

OK! I'm ready! We had a great weekend with the kids. We went to the Out Of Africa zoo up in Verde Valley and then up north of Payson to do some fishing. We had Pizza Hut (YUM!) for dinner on Saturday and just had a great weekend. I ended up doing a lot of excercise both days, for no other reason except countless trips back to the car for water, snack, bathroom breaks...etc. So weighted in on Monday morning at 228. Still better then the 247 I started out at, but 10 pounds up from the end of the detox. Not to be discouraged, I set out to start Kimkins. I decided to start out with a week or two of K/E. Kimkins Experiment, which is just lean proteins. This will quickly put my body into a state of burning it's stored fat. Plus I am doing aerobics everyday and a 1 mile walk every evening. I woke up this morning rewarded with a 2 pound loss. yeah me! But even better, hubby is doing the program with me anda he woke up this morning with a 4 lb loss! Yeah him! I will check with him to see if he would mind that I post his weight. I will do some pictures in a little bit.
So all I ate yesterday was some hard boiled eggs in the morning. Left over grilled chicken breast for lunch and another hard boiled egg for a snack and a grilled pork chop for dinner, then last night I had two pieces of turkey breast for an evening snack. Was pretty good. Definetely feeling a little of the carb withdrawl. SO Day one was pretty successful!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

21 pounds in 21 days reviewed here:

http://www.diet-blog.com/archives/2007/08/16/21_pounds_in_21_days_marthas_vineyard_diet_detox.php

The Bowel Arena said...

Thank you for sharing this plan with us Janice,
I had never heard of this one. I may have to do this when I decide to add meat back into my diet. I too did Atkins and so did many of my friends with success. I loved his plan and it does work. Somewhere along the way like most, I lost my way and so it took a detox to get me back on track.

All the best in this journey,
Lisa Hyppa