Monday, August 27, 2007

Kimkins Week 3 16lbs lost!

Well, I'm down a total of 35 pounds since starting my detox in July, I've lost 16 pounds in the last two weeks on Kimkins. I've been doing OK up until now because I have a cold. I've not cheated or anything...I'm just sick. I've not exercised the way I should have been the last few days.
The weight loss has slowed a bit this week. I lost 7 lbs, I'm not really upset about that though, it's still a great number! I just worry because I have read a few postings about a three week stall and I'm just starting week 3, so I wonder if I will experience this.
I thought I cheated last night. See I've been doing great on the kimkins, but I have noticed I am still going over 1000 calories and also a little high on the fat content so I am trying to find places I can cut back. I thought I'd change my morning from 3 eggs to 2 and cut back on the light mayo a bit. Also I am going to try to do more Tuna and less lunch meat. (BTW: do you know how wonderful tuna is? Low cal, low fat, no carbs...it's the perfect food!) ANYWAY so I did noticed that last night I felt really hungry. I don't know if it was a craving or real hunger, and I felt like it was real hunger. So I decided to have some Pistachios. So I carefully counted out 20 Pistachios (I remembered from somewhere that 40 was a "serving"). I shelled them and ate them, savoring them. They were terrific, i love Pistachios. BUT I still felt hungry so then I grabbed about 10 almonds and ate them up. I felt so guilty. I thought I really blew it, way over cal/fat/carb right. Then I felt kinda angry...I mean come on. How is 30 nuts cheating right. Well I still felt hungry but now I decided that it was emotion more than real hunger so I went to bed. This morning I woke up and had not lost any weight, and I assume I have the salt to thank for that. So this morning I was kind of miserable. I'm sick, and hungry and now feeling guilty for eating nuts. I was relieved when I updated by Fitday and found out that I didn't ruin everything. It was an extra 6 carbs for those nuts, but that put me at 11. As long as I don't break 20 I'm good! So WOOT!

I definitly feel that I am going to make my 50lb by Christmas. I'm thinking that I am going to upgrade my goals. So, I am officially going to try to lose 50lbs by DH's Birthday (10/05) So I have 6 weeks to loose 15lbs. Think I can do it? I do!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been following you since 21/21 tomorrow is my first day but I am well past that prepartation and on to whats next (have a good 100lb's to loose) I was wondering if you could give us a current "day in the life" of your food intake? Thanks and congrats!!! Your sucess is soooo inspirational. Hope you feel better soon - K

Anonymous said...

keep it up! i'm sure you will make your goal, if not lose more, by your goal date.

The Bowel Arena said...

I know you will reach your goal Janice. If you could go 21 days with vertually No food.....you will breeze through Kimkins:)
I hope you feel better soon.
Hugs,
L