Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Insanity

It's crazy.... I know how to do this...I really do. I've done it before, right so what is the problem?!

I'm holding steady at 215. I just had a major health scare because I went to my DD softball game on a lovely 113 degree day and unable to avoid sitting in the sun drank as much water as I could, while pouring water on myself and DD during field changes...anyways long story short I ended up with what I assumed was Heat Exhaustion. So I pumped the water and tried to stay cool over the next few days but after the third day of such and intense headache and the inability to sleep, which NEVER happens to me, I headed to the DR office. Well my BP was 210/150. He was gravely concerned so he gave me some BP meds and had me lay down until my BP came down, then he sent me home with rest and no heat, not even swimming pool instructions for the weekend. Upon returning to his office on Monday he thought he heard a murmur, something that he had never heard before, and being my Dr for 10 years he sent me to a Cardiologist. I went there on this last Monday. Needless to say I had two weeks of major worrying and a few bouts of crying scared for the unknown, however I'm happy to report that I have a very strong heart with no detectable problems. I follow up with my GP on Tuesday and hopefully he will consider working me off the BP meds since this is probably a result of the heat exhaustion/stroke that I got at the softball game. whew but definitely an eye opener! and I know I MUST get this weight off.
SO what do to? What would be the best way to approach this? I've been considering going off the Atkins because the harder I try to get on board, the faster and harder I fall off.
I've gain great power over the last year because I have discovered and admitted to myself and all that I am a binge eater. I feel that has given me great power because now I recognize when it is happening.
Right now I'm trying to stick with good live foods for my meals, a little something I learned from doing the 21 lbs in 21 days diet. I've been eating lots of fruits and veggies, doing salads for lunch and a light dinner. I need to pick up on exercising again, now that I've been given the all clear to move again... I don't know what to do... what do you think?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you know exactly what to do. You have found your weakness and you know what will happen if you try certain things. I think you should focus on working out and continue to eat live foods. And be proud of yourself for keeping the 25lbs off. That is a great accomplishment!

Anonymous said...

I heard calorie shifting is pretty good...such as the fat loss for idiot diet...all the reviews i've seen are pretty good...might actually try it out myself.

Anonymous said...

I am a lot like you. I have successfully and passionatelyt tried plenty of diets in the past. I never seem to get to my goal. I just about gave up when my daughter suggested we both try the diet below just for 3 days. I figured what the hell, after all that I have been thru what is 3 more days. It was last July when I was tipping the scale a 220. I got so hooked and followed with his 28 day diet. I can happily say that I am at my goal of 140 today, almost a year later. Was a long process but it was the easiest plan I have been on. Done Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, Lindora and everything in between. I am NOT affiliated with him by anychance and I can give you my personal info. to contact me if you so wish. Good Luck.
*************
“Face-Lift in Your Fridge”
N.V. Perricone MD

The promise of a visible difference in your looks in just three days may seem too good to be true. But if you eat the wrinkle-free way for even a short period of time, you will experience dramatic changes, not only in how you look, but how you feel. I recommend the Three Day Nutritional Face-lift™ as the perfect way to jumpstart the 28-Day Plan – this will allow you to see a drop in weight and visible results in your skin right away.
Three-Day Nutritional Face-lift™ aids in the elimination of puffiness, increases contours, firms jaw line, etc. You must eat salmon twice a day for the ideal effects of the DMAE, astaxanthin and the essential fatty acids in the salmon to take effect. This will increase radiance, glow and firmness to the skin. Wild Alaskan Salmon is far superior to farm-raised salmon. For convenient online access to the best wild Alaskan salmon, organic berries and more we recommend Vital Choice Seafood (www.VitalChoice.com)
If you do not eat salmon, go right to the 28-Day Plan – although you will not see the dramatic results in the first three days as you will by using the Three-Day Nutritional Face-lift™.
Breakfast
• 3 egg omelet and/or 4-6 oz. grilled salmon
I do not recommend smoked salmon or lox on the three-day diet
because of the salt intake
• ½ cup cooked oatmeal (not instant)
Cooked oatmeal is a great source of fiber, low glycemic
carbohydrates
• 2” wedge of cantaloupe or 1/3 cup fresh berries
Cantaloupe is very hydrating to the skin and contains important
antioxidants – blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries
are high in antioxidants
• No Juice, No Coffee or Toast
If you normally drink large amounts of coffee, drink black or green
tea to prevent caffeine withdrawal
• 8 - 12 oz. spring water
Lunch
• 4-6 oz. grilled salmon
Option: you can also use canned salmon and mix a little mayo and
fresh squeezed lemon
• 2 cups green salad
made with romaine lettuce or other dark leafy greens
Dressing: extra virgin olive oil and fresh squeezed lemon to taste
• 1 kiwi fruit or cantaloupe and berries
as above
• 8 – 12 oz. spring water
Snack
• 1 apple
• 2 oz. slice of turkey breast or 6 oz. plain yogurt
• Small handful of hazelnuts, walnuts or almonds
Great source of fatty acids and folic acid
Dinner
• 4-6 oz. grilled salmon
• green salad
as described above
• ½ cup steamed veggies
Especially asparagus, broccoli, spinach, etc. NO root vegetables,
such as potatoes, carrots, beets, parsnips, etc
• Cantaloupe and berries
• 8 – 12 oz. spring water
Before Bedtime Snack
• 1 pear or apple
• 2 oz. slice chicken or turkey breast or 6 oz. plain yogurt
• Small handful of hazelnuts, walnuts or almonds
Great source of fatty acids and folic acid

chickycola said...

Very Interesting Anonymous's

I'll look into both. I've thought about the calorie shifting before....

The Vital choice looks interesting too. I personally do much better when everything is pre planned like that....

Thanks for the suggestions!

martina said...

hello chickycola can you please help me this is my third day on 21 day u really help me a lot 2 day is 7-30 08 i saw this detox n a magazine it only gave sample juiceing for 6 meals I didn't know there was a book on 21 day. I JUST GOT IT 2 DAY I HAVE NOT LOST ANY WEIGHT and i did not know about the colonic that has 2 be done dont have any organic coffee 2 use herb store dont carry it ,it is now 8 :30 pm I am going 2 due a colonic with lemon or coffee i have here. I have 6 kids it is so hard 4 me i have muched on chips and pretzels but no solids I will do better 2 morrow 1 day at a time .my contact # is 267 -978 -8758 cell my home # is 267 297 -7498 hope 2 her from u soon

the Albino Bowler said...

wonderful detail... It can be very interesting to take a few minutes and live vicariously in someone else's world, especially if they have a creative mind.

Beazra said...

try joining an excercize program that you can be commited to like step aerobics or a zumba class. the enviroments are usually great and working out with other people may be motivating plus in the long run it'll leave you feeling good about yourself which may also take part in your eating habits.

online ed prescription said...

Thanks for this helpful information.
Insanity, franticness, and absurdity are terms that portray a range of individual and gathering practices that are described by specific unusual mental or standards of conduct.