Thursday, June 5, 2008

Getting Back on Track

Ok, well it’s been too long again. I’ve been suffering from the “I don’t wanna’s”. I don’t want to diet, I don’t want to be fat, I don’t want to exercise… you get the idea. Not a great place to be nor very productive. So I’ve used up all the excuses, I’ve got a job again and established a reliable routine, went through the 15 birthdays we have had from April through June 5th, 5 of which were in celebrated in my home complete with cake and ice cream. And now I’m faced with a trip coming up in 2 months, one that I really don’t want to be 217lbs or more.
My DH has been staying strong he has been slowly moving down and is holding at about a 95lb loss! I’m so proud of him. He has been strong through my weakness and he has been encouraging to me through these dark few months.
But I’m ready again. I started back on track June 2nd, my birthday. We celebrated it on Sunday and Monday I started back on low carb. I was at 217lb and saw some weight gain from my weekend transgressions on Tuesday and Wednesday, this morning I woke up and was back to 217. I’ve been pretty good with the exception of some carb smart ice cream at night. I know I will have to wean myself off that to be successful, but for now I’m using it as a focal point, I hope by the end of next week I’ll be able to back away from it.

I’ve not be participating in many of the Low Carb forums that exists. I belong to lowcarbfriends, livin la Vida Locarb, and Camp Carbaway. The one I have liked best so far has been Camp Carbaway, to my shock, but I think it was really created to get away from some of the LowCarb negativity that has surrounded some of the other forums and the anger surrounding the Kimkins Crap. Believe it or not, Camp Carbaway was started by one of the former Kimkins supporters who has had an incredible amount of hate directed toward her. I joined knowing that but I wanted to see for myself and I have encountered a really really great bunch of people, completely supportive and it really doesn’t seem that there is any finger pointing or blame shame game going on, which I have seen in the other forums.

Anyway, my time has been getting sucked up by the new schedules. Sometimes I feel like I don’t get a chance to think until 8pm at night. I up at 5:30 and boom boom boom, get kids up, dressed and out the door to school then to work, off work at 4:30, home with kids by 5:15 eat, bath visit for like 30 minutes then my son goes to bed at 7pm and my daughter follows at 8pm….whew. So I’ve been working at getting a lot of the food I need ready to go so it’s just a matter of grab and go. We cook up a bunch of chicken breast on the grill on the weekend. I throw them in the freeze, one to a sandwich bag so I can just grab one at a time. My favorite has been a chicken breast cut in half long ways, with some laughing cow cheese sliced thin and put in the middle and some cheddar cheese sprinkled on top. Maybe a dab of ranch, Yum, like 3-4 carbs depending on how much ranch.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO-OOOO happy to have you back!! Your posts were addictive for me and when you stopped so abruptly, I had to go cold turkey!!

chickycola said...

awww thanks! that's so sweet!

Jennifer said...

You have been tagged! I received my first tag from Christine and I don't know if you do these but maybe you will.

Jennifer said...

Oh, I was supposed to say read my blog to find out more. Sorry I am new

Anonymous said...

Hi, seen your blogs on 21 pounds 21 days and followed you to this page. I'm going to try 21 pounds, just thought your blog was great and real...

Tisha said...

Keep up the good work, don't get discouraged, look how much weight you've kept off. What a success!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Chicycola im glad youyr back! I've also had a hard time getting back to the grind and dieting! I've been looking into the idiot-proof diet..what do you think about that one???