Monday, September 24, 2007

MAN OH MAN!

OOO I'm so angry this week! I gained 3 lbs! It all started on the 18th when I had a piece of cake for my DD's birthday. DH and I had planned on it for a week. We did our carb blockers and I had a small piece, TINY maybe 1" x 2" and about 2 tablespoons of ice cream. I didn't even finish it. I ate maybe 3/4ths of it. OK, so no big deal I expected to stay still in my weight or maybe even gain a few ounces. So what happen? GRRRR!
The next day at work my boss brought in pistachios...I LOVE pistachios and know that 39 kernels is one serving and it is about 5carbs. The problem is the salt makes me stall... anyway, I ate some of her pistachios, and that along with the night before cheat sent me over the edge! I ate a bunch of pistachios, I stopped counting, just ate them. I gained a pound that day.
The next day I felt guilt that I ate so many of her pistachios and went out and bought her somemore to replace them, and I bought myself some also. Gained another pound that day.
It is like a frieght train and I couldn't stop it. I tried to recover this weekend and did pretty good, but still gained another pound for a total of 3 pounds (Assuming the left over weight gain from the nuts and cake).
My frustration is this: I didn't cheat that bad! I only had a some nuts and a tiny piece of cake. Is my metabolism that bad off?
I tested last night and I was no longer in Ketosis so I had another piece of cake (yes I still took the carb blockers). I figure I have to start over Monday anyway and I have been resisting THESE cakes anyway (DD bday cake and a "Bonus" Cake from a KFC meal on Saturday) They tasted horrible by the way, I didn't finish them.
SO today I am back on Induction, that is lean proteins, very few veggies and fiber, staying under 20 carbs. It should take 3 to 5 days to get back to ketosis. I'm back at 204.5.
The good news is that I can still see the whole picture. I started this 11 weeks ago at 247 lbs. I've made some big changes to my WOE and my lifestyle. I'll make it to 140 BEFORE July 2008!
I went shopping this weekend to cheer myself up, got a pair of black jeans, size 18 and they are a little big :D I also bought an outfit in a size 16! YEAH! it's a little snug but not terrible, I was excited.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for being so honest in your blogs. It's so easy to get off track, isn't it? But it sounds like you are refocusing. I have to be careful or I can get off track for a week or so. It's tough to keep up the weightloss program, but your blogs have been inspirational and your weight loss has been amazing!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to clarify my last comment. I don;t mean to imply that you went off on a binge or anything. You really hardly even cheated. Maybe when you are losing so quickly even the smallest cheat can mean pounds gained. Frustrating, isn't it??

The Bowel Arena said...

Whats 3 pounds Chicky when you've lost almost 50? I bet you'll lose those 3p's in 2 days no sweat! I've been concerned about what may send me back to gaining so I just stay away from anything that isn't naturally grown or live. I have been keeping nuts in my purse so when others are eating they're treats...I have my nuts/seeds.
You are so awesome for your honesty....The gain is probably water from the salt in the pistachios...Try a 2 or 3 day detox and see if you don't drop 5 pounds:O)
Hugs,
Lisa

chickycola said...

Thanks Lisa, you know what, I thought about that. I have enough supplies to do it too. I thought maybe I would try a weekend detox if things don't move in the right direction.
Thanks for the encouragement!
Janice

. said...

Chicky thats not necessarily your metabolism that weight gain is just water. What happens is when you go into ketosis you shed a lot of water from your muscles. Every gram of carbohydrate that is stored is your muscles carry around 3 or 4 grams of water. This is part of why the first week of weight loss is so huge.

When you cheat on carbohydrates the sugar and water will go straight to your muscles and liver. When in ketosis our muscles are like a sponge and just soak it all up. Only when you over fill your stores will the carbohydrates spill over to fat(which theres no way you have). This is why building muscle is good because it allows you to store more before any spills over to your fat stores.

Give yourself a few days of clean eating and that weight should be gone, who knows it may even take a friend with it which would be nice!

Remember it is just water, its no biggie. When you enter maintenance it will actually be a good thing to allow your muscles to refill some.

chickycola said...

WOW Sherry, Thanks for the advice. Great stuff there, I read some of your blog and I'm going to make a link to it for daily reading. I really appreciate the pointers, I was actually getting ready to start adding weight training as I do Aerobics every other day and walk everyday.

Anonymous said...

Hi, my name is Erica and I came across your blog today and really enjoyed the section in which you talked about your low carb waffle recipe.

I work for Matchstick, a leading North American word of mouth marketing agency looking for social and influential moms in Phoenix to answer a few questions about parenting and automotive trends. I think you might be a good fit for an upcoming program we are running for the launch of a new Dodge vehicle. Please e-mail back at erica@matchstick.ca or call me at 1-800-530-8092 for more information. Feel free to check out what we do at here at Matchstick - www.matchstick.ca.

. said...

Your welcome Chicky

Walking is great exercise as well especially outdoors, I think people underestimate how good a walk outside is.