Monday, November 26, 2007

Made it through the Holiday Weekend!

Happy Monday! DH and I made it through Thanksgiving successfully! We had Thanksgiving at our home this year, first year ever! We had 18 for Dinner. It was Awesome. I had basically four groups of people coming and I broke out the meal so everyone brought something. We made a smoked Turkey and Sweet Potato casserole, Carrots and Green beans, Deviled Eggs and Rolls. My mom came and brought Mashed potatoes, Rainbow Jello, Corn Casserole, Zucchini, and crab tarts. My BF Donna brought a roasted Turkey, stuffing and gravy, and my Cousin K brought 3 totally awesome pies. I also made a butterscotch pumpkin cake and the best ever low carb pumpkin bake. We had tons of food and NO STRESS! It was great, everyone came and brought a piece, we set it all out, grabbed paper plates and silver ware and dug in. The food all tasted great and the company was out of this world. I loved it! DH and I both did really good, we just stuck with the Turkey ,green beans, deviled eggs and I had a touch of gravy. The pumpkin bake was very satisfying. I thought I would be able to just skip dessert, but it was so much better to have this, and it was so yummy!
I actually lost weight! Saturday I had gotten down to 196, but today I'm back up to 199 which I believe is a result of a very salty roast we had for dinner yesterday. Not stressing, I know what to do.
I joined the newest challenge at the LLVLC website and I was down a pound on Friday for the weigh in, and I'm sure that I will be down at least another pound this Friday.

Hope Everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

The Bowel Arena said...

Congratulations Janice! I'm sooooo proud of you. This is not easy to do during holidays but girl, you pulled it off....and still managed to lose weight. That is AWESOME!!!
Hugs,
Lisa Hyppa

Anonymous said...

Congratulations...keep up the good work. What is your opinion on hoodia?

chickycola said...

Hoodia...well... I personally do not use it. My husband did try it and he did only one pill a day instead of the 1 pill before each meal kind of thing. He thought that it help him with his appetite a bit.
I'm not opposed to pills. I *WISH* I could find one that worked, it would make all this so much easier! LOL

Personally I just do a regime of vitamins: Multi Daily for dieters, mega B125, Essential Fish Oils, and Magnesium

Anonymous said...

People should read this.